After listening to the Snowden interviews on how the NSA does not limit its data collection to just national security issues, a good friend of mine, Lou Franco (Programmer of D-Vasive) spoke with me about developing an Android application that notifies you when any 3rd party malicious applications are running on your phone, that try to open the phone’s Camera or Microphone. This was around the time when I was being laid off as a developer for a marketing firm in Boca Raton, Florida, so it was perfect timing for me to go ALL IN on D-Vasive.
That is when I thought of expanding the notifications to include the Bluetooth and WiFi.
And not only notifications, but actually allowing the user to lock each device (Camera, Mic, Bluetooth, WiFi) individually, or all simultaneously.
The User Interface that would reflect security, hence the combo lock.
New user interface in the latest version to increase usability.
Idea to have a free version with limited functionality to increase overall userbase.
P.C. Version to increase platform availability.
- Created Logo and Branding using the Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Developed the original website using WordPress.
- Designed User Interface using Photoshop and Eclipse IDE
- Developed Information Architecture / Process
- Responsible for all Social Integration and Maintenance
- Responsible for all marketing with 0 budget
- Responsible for signing John McAfee as 30% shareholder in D-Vasive Inc.
- Created Tutorial Walk thru videos as well as Promotional Videos
- Conducted live radio interviews about D-Vasive and what makes it unique from other security software.
10/14/14 Voicemail left on my cell phone after my initial contact with McAfee’s Twitter account:
McAfee Twitter & Facebook Links:
D-Vasive has been covered by numerous news outlets and featured in the following stories:
Click The Image Links: