S.E.O / Search Engine Optimization
Simply put, search engine optimization is the process of improving the quality and volume of web traffic to a website by employing a series of proven techniques, that help a website achieve a higher ranking with the major search engines (Bing, Google, Yahoo) when certain keywords and phrases are put in the search field.
To put this into context, consider your own Internet search habits. When you want to find information, your first instinct is to use a search engine because it is the fastest and easiest way to get it. Once the search results are posted, you’re far more likely to explore the links on the first page of results because they are the most relevant to what you are looking for and allow you to find what you’re looking for easily.
That is the goal of search engine optimization. To optimize your website so that the major search engines rank your site as highly as possible which, in turn, leads to a greater volume of qualified traffic. SEO can level the playing field for your business whether your business is a Fortune 500 company or a brand new business venture trying to get noticed in a competitive field. Done properly, SEO puts your site on the left side of the page where it gains instant credibility with the very people that you wish to reach.
How does Search Engine Marketing Achieve this?
This is where SEO can be a bit confusing as there is no single, comprehensive approach that works for every website. Just as every company is unique, success with SEO requires that an Internet marketing solutions company draft a unique strategy for each client. There are no shortcuts and better rankings are achieved in weeks not days but if done properly, SEO will transform a website into a powerful web presence that creates an energy about your goods and services and engages your target audience.
To achieve this, I employ a combination of the following SEO practices and more:
- An SEO Strategy – SEO analysis of your site to identify opportunities for improvement and devise a comprehensive approach that will get results.
- Keyword Research – Thorough research of your industry and identification of which keywords and phrases will achieve the best results.
- SEO Copywriting – Content optimization using your keywords and phrases in the pages of your site to achieve higher ranking.
- Link Building – The process of creating inbound links to your website which allows your site to achieve a higher ranking.
These are the main aspects of an effective SEO strategy but there are several more methods that can be employed to help your site achieve a higher search engine ranking. But those methods I hold secret for my clients.
My latest SEO performed was for a very competitive market, in which the company had no presence on the search engines. I took them from 0 to 1st page on Google, Bing and Yahoo targeting the following:
- Organic Results (Google, Bing, Yahoo)
- Google Places (Local Market)
- Google Images
- Google Shopping
- Bing Places (Local Market)
There are many search queries that I targeted within the keywords like,
- 2 person mobility scooter
- 2 person foldable electric scooter
- Two Seater Mobility Scooter
But the most competitive search query that was directly related to the product was 2 Person Scooter and I was able to get #1. You can see the results here CLICK THIS LINK